I just changed my host today, and thanks to the amazing support at Hostleet I didn’t have to worry about setup at all; they downloaded the files from old host, uploaded it to their servers and managed all the files on their own. I just sat back and waited for their reply. Well off course, I had to change the Nameservers on my own. :P

On my old host, I had used this particular domain as an add-on domain and the primary domain was different but while moving to Hostleet, I made this domain as the primary domain. So, I had to ask for support from the guys at Hostleet, and they did it all for me. I must say I’m pretty impressed with their response time and support.

The files had been transferred successfully and Nameserver changes had taken effect almost instantaneously, but there was a problem. When everything was in place, I tried opening this site and I could see lots of error messages filling up the pages almost everywhere.

 

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home) is not within the allowed path(s):
 
(/home/X:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/
php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/X/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1311

 

The error messages were similar to the one above and there were lots of it.

I, at first, thought there might be some issues with the plugins but it didn’t take long for me to realise that the plugins were temporarily disabled (since the site was being moved.) So, I started taking look at the database, because that must be where the error was originating from. I was not sure what to look for in particular. Then Google came to my rescue; I found this and my problem was solved.

If you’re having similar issue, please follow the directions below to solve it.

First of all, log in to your cPanel (or whatever control panel you are using) and go to phpMyAdmin

Now from the left side bar, select your WordPress site’s database.

Then, select wp_options from the left side bar. (I have used the default wp_ prefix for my database. Your database prefix might be different depending upon your WordPress configuration, so instead look for any table name that ends with _options.)

After you click on wp_options ( or whatever prefix_options table name you’ve got.), goto Search. On the option_name field of Search, type upload_path and click on Go.

You’ll see something similar :

Click on Edit.

Now, this is the exact place that has been causing error on your site. Look on the text area under option_value, it isn’t representing your wp-content/uploads folder’s location correctly.

On my case, it is still pointing to the add-on domain folder. So, I changed it to correctly represent my current wp-content/uploads folder by entering wp-content/uploads. (If your WordPress installation is on the same location, you can enter wp-content/uploads on the text area, but if you have your WordPress installation on yoursite.com/blog then you need to enter blog/wp-content/uploads.)

I then refreshed my site and it was no more showing the error messages.

Hope this was helpful to you.