Last time, I had talked about different alternatives to Torrific.com for downloading torrents directly. I seem to have missed one very good alternative, PUT.iO. Here we are going to talk about this great site.
PUT.iO obviously stands out among other sites offering similar services, as it offers free package as well as other good features. With free package, however, you can store files of 1 Gb only. To increase the space limitation, you can refer your friends to the site and for every new and valid referral, you get 350 Mb of extra space. You can earn upto 3 Gb’s of space just by referring your friends. And guess what? Both of you receive permanent bump in space! Your referral and you, both will have an extra 350 Mb after joining the site! Isn’t that great?
So, lets get started.
First of all, register on the site. Select the free package.
Click on Add New Files (as shown above.)
Either paste the URL to the torrent file or upload the .torrent file. Then press on Next.
Click on Start Fetching! and the site will start downloading the torrent to their server. Wait for a while. When it’s done, you’ll be redirected to a new page.
Click on Go To File and if the file extension is supported by the site, you’ll be able to watch it online.
However, if you’d like to download the files, you have to go to Your Files tab on the top of the site.
Put a tick mark on the file you would like to download and then press on Zip & Download. Your download should start immediately.
Files are stored on the site for 3 days. So make sure to download them before they are removed.
Things I like about PUT.iO
- No bandwidth limit. You can download as many files as you like without any bandwidth limitation.
- Increase space permanently just by referring your friends!
- File gets transferred to the site’s server almost immediately.
- You can chose from a list of servers on different countries to store your files so that you could download them much faster. How many sites offer such service? You can also test your speed on different servers to see which one is the fastest for you.
- API service for developers.
- You can download your files almost anywhere, without having to open the site. Just copy the link, go to your friends house, paste it on their browser or download manager. Then a window will pop up asking you for your account’s username/password, enter it and your download will begin almost immediately.
- Full resume capability on files.
- Share specific folders/files with your friends.
- Subscribe to a RSS feed so that whenever a new torrent comes up, it automatically gets downloaded to your account.
- Several wonderful apps available.
- Chrome extension for easy access and fast use of the site.