Cloud storage has distinct advantages that no one will deny, but the issues some raise are about accessing stored data with multiple devices. Some of the problems you may encounter come when files are stored in one version and access has to be done on a different computer where the OS may be different. Cloud storage itself is a technological development of the recent past. It may be years before everything is perfected and made flawless to the core.
Here are some tips you may want to try when storing your files to the cloud. Most important of all remember that no single cloud service provider is capable of providing all services. Therefore, you must consider having one or more services to meet your special requirements.
- If it is your aim to synchronize your files without putting them into the folder, there are several services available for that too. If your computer has Windows, then you can right click the folder you want to upload and straightaway send it to the cloud. This you can also try on Amazon Cloud Drive. For most part, uploading is taken care of by the browser.
- Some cloud service providers don’t give you the ability to synchronize music files across different devices. So a better service like Amazon will serve your purpose. There are some special features like the cloud player that you can try if you propose to upload a lot of music for access on different devices.
- For those who use Windows devices most of the time, uploading document files straight to the My Document folder will ensure that you can access it from any location where there is an internet connection. You can use any kind of device, smartphones, PC or even Mac to download as and when you need them.
- One of the most frequently used cloud services is for storing photographs. The best way to upload to the cloud is through a smartphone, because, it is the handiest device that you can carry anywhere. Most iPhones will automatically synchronize by uploading the last 1000 photos directly. If you are using an Android phone, most of the uploads can be done directly. Dropbox has recently added an automatic photo upload feature for Android phones.
- One of the best ways to use cloud storage is to directly save email attachments to the cloud rather than saving it on your computer or phone and then uploading it. It will not only save you a lot of time, but also help everyone who is sharing to get instant access to the documents.
- If you are using SkyDrive from Microsoft, you can provide remote access to all Personal Computers you have. Another cloud service provider that matches Microsoft’s service is SugarSync which will equally meet your requirements.
- The last and most important thing you are supposed to remember is that cloud services are not best suited for streaming videos even though you may have a high bandwidth internet connection. The only way you can play video files stored in cloud is to first download the entire file and then play it using a compatible player.