We had covered a giveaway of Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 organized by Kaspersky China. The licence key could only be used on a Simplified Chinese version of Kaspersky AV 2013. So, I had suggested a method to disable the self defense and press Shift + F12 in order to change the language to English. But, that method worked temporarily and each time you re-started your computer, you had to press Shift + F12 to change the interface language.
Here is a permanent method to change the language of a Non English version of Kaspersky Antivirus to English. This guide is meant for users of Simplified Chinese version, but it can be followed by everyone. There are just minor differences.
- First of all, disable Self Defense by following the picture below.
- Exit Kaspersky Antivirus. (Right click on the tray icon and select the bottom most option.)
- Now, go to C: > Program Files > Kaspersky Lab > Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 > skin > loc. (Assuming you have installed Kaspersky there.) 64 bit users will need to go to “Program Files(x86)” folder.
- Rename the “zh-Hans” folder to “zh-Hans backup”.
- Rename the “en” folder to “zh-Hans”. (If you are using some other version than Chinese, just rename “en” to the other existing folder’s name.)
- Navigate to C: > Program Files > Kaspersky Lab > Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 > skin > resources > neutral.
- Copy the “locs” folder from there.
- Now go a step back and open C: > Program Files > Kaspersky Lab > Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 > skin > resources > zh-Hans. (Users of other language, will have a separate folder. For example, Russian users, will have a “ru” folder.)
- Rename the existing “locs” folder inside zh-Hans as “locs backup”.
- Paste the “locs” folder you had copied earlier.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Enable Self-Defense.
The interface language of your Kaspersky Antivirus should have changed to English. Once you run an update, some of the texts will get converted back to the default language. You won’t be able to change those texts, but I guess that does not matter since most of the texts will get converted to English language.
No related posts.