Here's a cool offer to get a free .ME domain name for a year!
Gandi.net is providing a free .me domain to the users of Mozilla Thunderbird. All you need is the latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird.
Update 2013.1.1 - THIS OFFER IS NOW OVER !!!
Update : This offer is now available only in certain countries. If it asks for you to make a payment, then the offer is not available to the users from your country. We are not sure exactly which countries the offer is available to, though. So, just give it a try.
How to get a free .ME domain for a year?
- Download the latest full version of Mozilla Thunderbird from here.
- Install Thunderbird once you download it.
- Immediately after you launch Thunderbird, you'll be greeted with a screen saying Would you like a new email address? Enter the domain name you'd like to have there.
- Once you have found the .me domain you like, click on the button saying US $0.00 a year.
- Click on Buy.
- It will now ask you to log in to your Gandi.net account. Click on Create an account.
- You will be redirected to a sign up page. Put your correct information on that page and sign up on Gandi.net.
- On the Submit Your Order page, put a tick mark under List of contracts to be accepted and then click on Submit button.
- You will be asked to enter password for your mailbox. Enter anything you like. Click on OK.
- The domain has been registered. You can now close Thunderbird.
- Check your email that you had used earlier to sign up on Gandi.net. You should have received an email titled [GANDI] Your Gandi Handle. Open up that email to see your Gandi Handle. If you haven't received an email, check your Junk folder.
- Goto http://www.gandi.net and log in with your Gandi.net handle and password.
- Once logged in, click on your domain name.
- Click on Modify servers to change the DNS.
Note : This offer is only valid until December 31st 2012, and only via Thunderbird, Also, only one .ME domain per person will be offered. If you try to abuse the system, your domain might be deleted and your account blocked.